Further, if you are not of the age of majority in your place of residence, please do not use the Website or our Products or Services.
1. How we Collect and use Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you for specific and limited purposes, including to provide our Products and Services to you, where you consent to the collection, in order to meet our contractual commitments to you and to comply with our legal obligations.
When collecting Personal Information from you, we will identify the purpose for collecting your Personal Information at the time we request it and will not use or disclose your Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected, without your prior consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws. We endeavor to collect the minimum amount of Personal Information required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
If you choose to obtain Products or Services, you will need to provide us with Personal Information, including your name, email address and other information about you. If you chose to withhold any Personal Information requested by us or withdraw your consent, it may not be possible for us to provide the Services to you or respond to your query.
We collect and use your Personal Information (or other information) in a variety of ways, including for the following purposes:
- Information that you Provide: Your Personal Information may be collected and used by DSG to provide Products and Services to you, via our Website, our Products and Services, or otherwise. Specifically, we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to facilitate your relationship with us by processing your applications for Products or Services, addressing your requests and processing payments;
- to create and manage your account with us and to correspond with you regarding such account;
- to share information about DSG, the Website, our Products and our Services with you;
- to communicate with you regarding inquiries for information or customer service requests or employment opportunities;
- to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud, to protect our business and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, including analyzing and monitoring usage of our Products and Services and updating, improving, testing and protecting those Products and Services; and
- to deal with vehicle dealerships and financing companies to provide our Products and Services to you.
- Automated Collection: Similar to other online service providers, we automatically record information when you interact with and use our Products and Services. This information may include your IP address, information about your Internet browser and settings, the date and time you used the Products and Services. When you use our Products and Services, we collect information about the device you use to access them. The information we collect will depend on your device settings, but generally includes device type, settings and operating system and unique device identifiers. When you use our Products and Services, we may collect information about your geographic location. Note that much of this information is not considered Personal Information, under applicable laws. Accordingly, we will comply with our legal obligations regarding such information.
- Credit Reports: When you apply for or use certain Products or Services (for example, a referral to a car dealer for purposes of purchasing a car using financing), we may obtain your credit score from a credit reporting agency. We may also periodically update such credit score information. Upon your request, we will advise you as whether such reports have been ordered and will provide you with the name of the credit reporting company. You further agree that any vehicle dealers to whom we disclose your Personal Information may also request a credit report in connection with offering credit (or amending credit terms) or for collection purposes.
Wherever you have given us your consent to use your Personal Information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You may no longer be able to access some or all of our Website, Products or Services if you withdraw your consent.
2. Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We also share some of your Personal Information with third parties or our affiliates in order to offer the Products and Services to you, including:
- if we refer you to a vehicle dealer or a lender for a proposed transaction, we will disclose your Personal Information to such parties to facilitate the proposed transaction;
- we may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliated entities that offer credit improvement services;
- we may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers for fraud prevention, payment processing or law enforcement; and
- we may send information to third party service providers that help us to operate our Products and Services including Website hosting, data analysis, event logging, information technology, customer service, User analytics and email delivery and messaging.
3. Retention of Personal Information
We routinely destroy Personal Information that is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with applicable laws. We will delete your Personal Information when it is no longer required to retain the Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
4. Accuracy of Personal Information
DSG takes reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the Personal Information is to be used by DSG. In most instances, we rely on Users of our Products and Services to notify us of any changes to their Personal Information provided by them.
5. How we Protect your Personal Information
DSG uses reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technical measures designed to help you secure your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure. Only staff and service providers who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing the Personal Information collected by us are authorized to do so. Unauthorized use of Personal Information by anyone affiliated with DSG is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action. Even though we take steps to protect your Personal Information, security breaches cannot be eliminated and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed or used contrary to this Policy.
You and you alone are responsible for ensuring that you do not disclose your account access information to third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, not disclosing such information to anyone, ensuring that sufficient security software is installed and running on your computer, smartphone or tablet, that your network firewall is of sufficient quality and that your wireless connection is encrypted to a degree that will prevent third party access. DSG is not responsible for any failure by you to secure your own device and its access to the Internet or your use of public, unsecured networks. DSG also is not responsible for any failure by you to eliminate malware. These failures and others can make you vulnerable to privacy breaches and would put you and your data at risk.
6. Location of Personal Information
Personal information we collect is stored and processed by us and our third party service providers primarily in Canada, regardless of where you are located.
7. Personal Information and Children
We do not knowingly offer Services to anyone under the age of majority in their place of residence. If you are under the age of majority, you may only use our Website and Products and Services with the permission and involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
8. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
9. Links to Third Party Sites
The use of our Products and Services may lead you to third party Websites, including Websites advertising other products or services. Those organizations are separate and distinct from DSG and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible in any way for how any third party collects, uses or discloses your Personal Information, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of these Websites before providing your Personal Information to them.
10. Direct Marketing
You may sign up to receive marketing or promotional communications from us. Where you have opted-in, we may use your Personal Information to inform you about us, our Products and our services, including promotional offers and events.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe feature found in our emails and other electronic communications;
- contacting us through the Products or Services; or
- contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Your Rights
Upon written request to our privacy officer at email@example.com, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to that Personal Information. DSG provides an opportunity for individuals to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate.
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to:
- request us to restrict our use or disclosure of your Personal Information;
- object to our use or disclosure of your Personal Information; and
- request us to delete the Personal Information we hold about you.
12. Contacting us
Last Revised: October 22, 2020